Peter Johnson highlights the complexities that arise from historical issues in SMSF trust deeds and provides practical strategies to address these challenges. […]
The Latest on Div 7A, Corporate Beneficiaries & UPEs
Current as of: 22 August 2023.
In this recent webinar, the technical and practical issues arising from TD 2022/11 were unpacked with Brian Richards, a highly regarded and sought-after tax advisor.
Participants had the opportunity to join Brian as he outlined:
- when an unpaid present entitlement or amount held on sub-trust becomes the provision of ‘financial accommodation’;
- the ATO’s approach to dealing with unpaid distributions owed to corporate beneficiaries;
- the process for aligning the treatment of unpaid distributions to a company with Division 7A;
- how to deal with the treatment of a UPE where it includes the creation of a sub-trust; and
- managing cash flow implications of distributing trust income to a company.
For details on upcoming Acis events, click here.